Friday, April 24, 2009

Grey's Anatomy 4/23/09

O-M-G!!!! Let me just start by saying (for those of you that don't know me personally) that I'm not an overly emotional girl. I don't cry very often. I DO, however, cry for insignificant things like TV shows & movies, especially when they involve children being mistreated or dying, etc. So, last night's Grey's Anatomy was a prime example. I sobbed like a little kid who had just gotten the whipping of his life. They had a terminally ill 6-year-old girl on there whose dad was trying any & everything to get her some last-minute treatment to save her life. They gave the girl 48-hours to live & he was busy trying to find some way to get her to Mexico for some stem-cell treatment that would save her life. This little girl was so weak & so cute that I just balled everytime they showed her. And then the dad was so busy trying to find a cure for this that Dr. Bailey had to comfort & hold this little girl when she woke up & was wanting to be held. And then the little girl wouldn't let go of her shirt when she tried to lay her down. I'm telling you, my nose was stopped up for an hour after I watched this from all the crying! And, apparently, next week's show may not be any easier. They're going to have a little girl that shot her dad 17 times. Interesting.

Anyway, Izzie had her first chemo treatment & was feeling great that morning. Meredith & Derek were letting her plan their wedding to keep her busy & her mind off of the obvious. She ordered some dresses to be delivered to the hospital for Meredith to try them on & was planning the catering, etc. However, when the meds started kicking in by that afternoon, her Oncologist said that she would wish she were dead. And she went downhill fast! Dr. Hunt is in therapy for his "war trauma" & Christina is trying to avoid him at all costs. That's about it for this week. I'll probably watch Private Practice tonight on the DVR &, hopefully, blog about that tomorrow. But who knows. I love having this outlet to discuss my shows. Too bad I can't get anyone to read &/or comment back to me.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the updates....did I mention that you have too much time on your hands?
    love ya Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a grey's fanatic!!! LOVE this show!!! anyway, i tought this was a great one! glad to know i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I love this show and I did not get to see it.

    ReplyDelete